8.01.2014

NEW YORK PHOTO FESTIVAL: PhotoWorld 2014 Exhibition Invitation

Photograph © Martine Fougeron, Tête-à-Tête
NYPH, 2011

"New York Photo Festival presents PhotoWorld 2014, a wide-ranging exhibition invitational selecting the best new documentary, fine art, and motion and drone photography being produced today, determined by top photo and image professionals from The New Yorker, CNN, Fortune, National Geographic, International Center for Photography, Esquire, Foto Visura, LensCulture and L'Oeil de la Photographie."

"Finalists chosen will exhibit their work in an installation at POWERHOUSE Arena opening September 26 during the DUMBO Arts Festival. Grand prize winners also receive a one-hour consultation with one of the esteemed jurors. PhotoWorld 2014 is an unparalleled opportunity to jump start your career in Photography."

Jurors: Elizabeth Avedon, L'Oeil de la Photographie; Jim Casper, LensCulture; Neil Harris, Fortune; Elizabeth Griffin, Esquire; Whitney Johnson, The New Yorker; Elizabeth Krist, National Geographic; Adriana Letorney, FotoVisura; Graham Letorney, FotoVisura; Aline Smithson, Lenscratch.

Follow NYPH News for Juror Features here.

Extended Deadline: September 16th, 2014

Complete your uploads by 
Tuesday September 16, at midnight (pst).
Extended Deadline: September 16th, 2014

Complete your uploads by 
Tuesday September 16, at midnight (pst).
Dumbo - Brooklyn NY

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello&THANK YOU!!

I do not expect this to be posted as a comment, maybe I should use email, but I have to thank you for giving me courage. Lens Culture is giving me a portfolio. It is probably working some time next week, and I will have to write a not to silly text for it. It is all so scary and so nice and I have been smiling uncontrollably since I got the email this morning. But, if it had not been for your thumbs up...... Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I hope you a wonderful summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards, Kristin (Linnea Backe)

Stefan Thull said...

This photo is in my Collection THE NECKTIE IN PHOTOGRAPHY,

R David Marks said...

Wow, drone photography is a category now? I'm getting old, we used to call it "aerial"

Loretta Ayeroff said...

I love this photograph!

David Carol said...

Very cool! Love the judging panel. All excellent choices!!!